We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
What is Personal Information. Personal information refers to your personal particulars obtained by us in the course of our dealings with you.
Example of Personal Information. Such personal information includes your use of our services, name, mailing addresses, phone number, email addresses, service details, payment details and credit history. Through “cookies”, it might also include how you use our Website to help us develop and improve our website, including details of your domain name and Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser version, cookie details, how long you stayed on a page, the route you took to navigate through the pages and the website that you visited prior to accessing our site;
How we use Your Personal Information
How We May Use It. Collecting Personal Information helps us better understand what you need from us. By signing our application form for services or by using our Website, you give us your consent to use your personal information to:
- provide you services, service information and updates;
- provide you with access to privileged areas of our Website;
- administer contests and competitions and personalize your visit to our site;
- providing you with products and/or services you have requested or administering your account;
- billing you (unless you pay by another agreed method) and collecting any debt owed to us by you;
- settling accounts with those who provide related services to us;
- dealing with your requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
- carrying out market and product analysis, improvements to our products and services and marketing our and our group companies’ products and services generally;
- contact you with details of products, services, special offers and rewards that we think will be of interest to you;
- help increase efficiency and diagnose possible problems with our servers;
- improve our Website;
- plan, provision and bill for services;
- inclusion in any telephone or similar directory or directory enquiry service provided or operated by us or by a third party (subject to any objection or preference you may have indicated to us in writing);
- carrying out activities connected with the running of our business such as personnel training, quality control, network monitoring, testing and maintenance of computer and other systems and in connection with the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
- investigating an action that may threaten network security or integrity;
- providing aggregated user information to third parties (without at any time disclosing personal information about an identifiable individual);
- generally customising your experience on our sites;
- credit checking, including our use of consumer Credit Reporting agencies which you authorize to collect your information for credit reporting purposes;
- managing bad debt and preventing fraud; and
- render assistance to law enforcement, governmental and regulatory agencies.
We Abide by the Law. MyRepublic will not use your Personal Information for any purpose not permitted by law.
Opting-Out. If you no longer wish to receive information about special offers, promotions and rewards, please let us know by logging into your MyRepublic MyAccount portal, and updating the details on when, why and how you wish us to communicate with you.
Other Sites are Beyond our Control. The MyRepublic Website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Who we can give your Personal Information to
We may disclose information about you or your use of the Websites and/or Services without your prior permission if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process, or to help maintain the law.
- Protect our rights or property.
- Enforce our General Terms and Conditions, or any Specific Terms and Conditions.
- Act to reasonably protect our interests or those of our customers.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
Your Right of Access. You have the right to access personal information about you if we hold that personal information in a way that it can be readily retrieved, subject to some exceptions provided at law. You may also request access to the personal information we hold about you by sending an email to [email protected].
How to Update Your Particulars. The easiest way to update your particulars is to log into your MyRepublic MyAccount portal, and update your customer information.
Queries May be Chargeable. In some cases, there may be a charge associated with providing copies of your personal information to you. If so, we will advise you of this prior to sending your information to you.
Further Information of Privacy Law. For further information about New Zealand’s Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, seewww.privacy.org.nz.
You may forward any complaints to [email protected] and we will attend to them immediately.